OK - time to take a breath...
So now that APOC is done I can play a bit on the computer. So I'm going to goback & catch up on some of the most recent activities around here.
Feb. 3rd - Superbowl!
One day (I can't remember when, I think it was just last week) we were in Wal-Mart, I had gotten the kids a very rare treat of McD's. CJ had a snack wrap & all of a sudden said "my tooth is gone"! Sure enough, it was stuck into the tortilla shell (gross!) - I did take pictures on my phone, but I have no clue how to get a picture from the phone to my computer, so I have a picture of after the fact at home. She is now missing the 4 front teeth, 1 has just started to come thru.
I made many phone calls to get heat people or find the part...what direction were we going - get it fixed or "limp" it along until dad came home. Friday afternoon, the kids had art, then Vince went with R to an awards banquet & then the boys came here to spend the night.
They did an awesome job (& never were cranky)- Thank you Vince & R!!!!!
A repair guy did come, he didn't do much & didn't let me pay him, said he didn't trust the "fix" to stay. The heater is on (too much) and the house isn't overly warm - but I ordered the right part for our boiler (not just something available in the state) yesterday & it should be here tomorrow and dad comes home on Friday!Guess what?
Tonight I did get my bathroom shower head fixed - no big deal. About a 5 min project, including removal of old one & clean up. It even worked - the water came out! The kitchen faucet directions however, said it was about a 60 min project, not including removing old faucet. Since I figured I didn't have 60 min worth of attention span I decided to leave that for tomorrow's project...
Oh the fun & detours of life, but enough updating for tonight, can you tell I figured out how to make pictures upload faster? Now I just need to figure out how to make them go where I actually want them, but not tonight - it is time for bed.
Labels: detours, house projects, winter

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you! I will read each comment. Thank you.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home